Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: CP pulling the plug on your downloads 1 JULY !!!!

Dave-So opened this issue on May 21, 2009 · 67 posts

mamba-negra posted Thu, 21 May 2009 at 8:01 PM

Yeah, I saw the newsletter and was pretty surprised. I guess they have no knowledge of web-communities and how they affect sales. Would you spend money here at renderosity if you hadn't started coming here for either the freebies or the forums? I suspect the number of folks that can answer yes to that are few and far between.

I think the real goal is to streamline their poser related product stuff, which is probably not too bad an idea, but they should have just dumped the store entirely. Now, it's likely to just be a waste of development money. I mean, who wants to go to a shop where they encourage people to pull up stuff that they didn't think was worth selling originally (that was one of their comments in the newsletter). If it fills up with junk, it will be hard to find anything of quality that might be hiding there....

I do think it's interesting that all the sites are sort of headed toward a renderosity style marketplace. DAZ has their forums and the side store, RuntimeDNA pretty much switched to a very 'rosity like policy on products, I think....interesting times!