Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: CP pulling the plug on your downloads 1 JULY !!!!

Dave-So opened this issue on May 21, 2009 · 67 posts

dasquid posted Fri, 22 May 2009 at 3:33 AM

Quote - > Quote - Could some please explain to me how any store's marketing plan calling for:

1. No Gift Certificates
  2. No Weekly Freebies
  3. No Forums
  4. No PMs
  5. No Past Order History
  6. No Wish List

You will have access to your past download history forever, just without download access - currently your downloads are only guaranteed for 30 days or the first download as stated on CP.  You will be able to see what you've ordered and view your invoices after that though, so you can reference.  You will also have a new account and order history in the new store.   The ability to keep an order history is not being removed.

Also - you will be able to make a new wish list in the new store, and have a month to reference it, copy it down and start your new one.  The new store has some amazing new things that made us unable to port the information to the new products.

Ok you can spout that "policy" till you are blue in the face, that is not going to make people like it or think that it is right. I don't know of any other place that sells software online that  says ok you get to download it one time and then if you lose it to a HD crash all you get to do is look at the fact that you bought it but your SOL (thats shit outa luck for those that dont know)

One thing I find strange is that my Poser 7 download is listed as expired but my poser 5 download is active and downloadable.