Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: CP pulling the plug on your downloads 1 JULY !!!!

Dave-So opened this issue on May 21, 2009 · 67 posts

JOELGLAINE posted Fri, 22 May 2009 at 9:27 AM

This is a REAL crock of crap! I've worked retail for years and helped some stores develop websites. Deleting the forum at CP is a face-slap to every customer that visits that site and interacts with OTHER customers THERE!  In a REAL store, other satisfied customers get talked into buying OTHER PRODUCTS by other customers!

If someone I recognize there recommends something, I might well buy it. Same goes for most everyone else around there. Rave word of mouth costs nothing and sells items, as is demonstrated in the DAZ forums.

Eliminating word of mouth sales and customer interaction is SUICIDE for Smith-Micro's Contentparadise store! I've seen it before. This is a death-knell for that entire place.

This level of stupidity is monumental and will cost them valuable sales.

If the economy was as robust as it was two years ago, they might treat people like crap and new people might make up the difference. NOT in this modern state of near depression where people are making every penny count..

After SM goes bankrupt, I hope DAZ buys poser for a song.:laugh: That would suit them. It'd screw us, but maybe not.:blink:

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!