Forum: Carrara

Subject: How did you come to 3D ?

litst opened this issue on Jul 10, 2001 ยท 24 posts

brenthomer posted Wed, 11 July 2001 at 2:55 PM

I finally found a minute to post here :) I started my "computer art" interest in grade school with my C-64. Let me tell you...the light pens back then sucked :) I started with Geos paint, then a friend bought deluxe paint from electronic arts for his Amiga @ his post production studio. That thing let you do animations! I learned to do 2d animation for money on the side. When I wnet to college the Toaster just came out. I tried to learn 3d then but the render times where to crazy. I made some spinning logos but the fun stopped there. Then for the next 5 years or so I only edited..no graphics. I was addicted to video games at the time so I decided to try to make some spaceship models. Thats when I found the worlds most superior modeler, nendo :) That lasted a whole 3 weeks when I realized that I had to have a render and an animation program. I looked all over for something with nendos ease of use. Lightwave and Max where out...to hard. Mirari was to expensive. So when I was looking at ebay for product Ideals I saw carrara. Realizing that it had to be the utlimate solution (hey it replaced like 3 different programs for metacreations :) ) I bought carrara. I cant do anything really complex with carrara yet but I can use it to impress my clients. Nothing on the market is as easy to use as this program right now. Hopefully someone will introduce bones by the end of the year. If they do I am sure I will have a long future with this program.