Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: linkParms Problem

lesbentley opened this issue on May 26, 2009 ยท 17 posts

lesbentley posted Wed, 27 May 2009 at 1:14 PM

@ JoEtzold,

Quote - Ok, dumb question, but are you sure that the walk designer is using the usual way to input new values via the dial...

Not a dumb question at all. The values input by the Walk Designer do appear on the dial of the rotateY channel in the BODY, but it seems that there is something about the way that the values are input that is stopping them being registered by the linked channel, because any other way of inputting them does register.

Quote - But this additional actor, in V4 BodyMorphs, is also connected with addChild to the hip. Did you do this also ?

In my case the additional actor "BodyMem" is a child of the BODY. That seemed like the best place for it as it is in direct proximity to the actor that it needs to link to. When injecting an actor, I use a 'smartparent' line to set the parent. Poser automatically takes care of the 'addChild' stuff according to the actor specified in the 'smartparent' line. Perhaps it is worth trying it as a child of the hip. The only other thing I can think to do is to sacrifice a chicken at full moon, and sprinkle the blood over my PC.

Quote - In V4 this is used to have the body movements saveable into pz2 files. So normally also saving rotations should work.

I have heard that P7 allows saving of the BODY data to a pose file, are you using P7? As I am still using P6, that option is not open to me.