Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: CP has KILLED downloads early!!! They're now gone!!!!

jeffg3 opened this issue on Jun 01, 2009 · 83 posts

Klebnor posted Thu, 04 June 2009 at 5:27 PM

Starlet:

I have no quarrel with you.  But really ... I am relatively old, but not so old that I do not remember things that transpired mere months ago.  When Smith Micro took over from E-Frontier there was a falling out between them and Renderosity.  Renderosity had to obtain transactional data from Smith Micro in order to update the purchased items in individual accounts.

Note the below from Rendo to it's customers a year ago:

By: Store Staff
  Due to the terms of our dissolution with Content Paradise, they have decided to cease support for any Renderosity products sold there effective March 31st, 2008. What does this mean for you as a former CP customer? Originally this meant that the product you purchased would no longer be available for download - a feature for products purchased directly through Renderosity.

We care for all of our customers, so we took the initiative to make sure as many CP customers as possible got the support they would normally receive. We have created a way to 'match' orders made on CP to Renderosity orders, so that all your CP purchases will now be listed under My Account.

If you want your Content Paradise orders transfered to your Renderosity account, you will have to email store@renderosity.com from the email address you used at Content Paradise and it will have to match the email address you have listed on your Renderosity account.

Unforunately, if the email address you used at CP doesn't match the one you have here, there is no way for us to verify the orders. If your email here doesn't match, you can update that information in your My Profile section.
I know that Smith Micro will no doubt be confused by the statement "We care for all of our customers".

Please don't confuse the issue by stating "Content Paradise never hosted the files from Renderosity"  Does that imply that you didn't complete the transaction and collect the money?  Did you not have the record of who (userid) had purchased what?  Are you saying that this was all some big lie by Renderosity at the time, attempting to gin up love from their customers based on an imaginary dependancy on CP to confirm the purchase orders by customer?

Don't insult me.  SM won't lift a finger to keep their own paying customers' purchase histories active and you want to turn that on Rendo?  Please.

Why are you telling me here (in a Renderosity forum) how to respond to CP with feedback?  If I want to go to CP ever again, I'll check out their user forum for such information.  Oh, I forgot, running a forum for users is one more burden SM is no longer willing to bear.

I don't think SM has any idea how much the SM approach has broken any bond between customers and SM.  I paid good money for Poser 7 and Poser Pro and haven't used either in months, and doubt I will again.  I tried Carrara and I'm happy with it.  I also find DAZ prudish, yet unfailingly helpful and positive toward their user community.  Kind of like a puppy.  SM is more like a vulture, waiting with bailful glare for some bones to pick through.

It's nice that you solicit input (after the fact) so as to repair the damage.  Move all customers' stuff to the new site, including past purchases, userid's and passwords.  Failing that, we have nothing to discuss.

Klebnor mit Kopfweh

Lotus 123 ~ S-Render ~ OS/2 WARP ~ IBM 8088 / 4.77 Mhz ~ Hercules Ultima graphics, Hitachi 10 MB HDD, 64K RAM, 12 in diagonal CRT Monitor (16 colors / 60 Hz refresh rate), 240 Watt PS, Dual 1.44 MB Floppies, 2 button mouse input device.  Beige horizontal case.  I don't display my unit.