Forum: Vue

Subject: Is anyone having problems with Vue d'Esprit 4?

Caroluk opened this issue on Jul 09, 2001 ยท 28 posts

Caroluk posted Fri, 13 July 2001 at 7:26 AM

Zstrike, I tried getting a later driver, but I have the latest for my video card. My understanding is that Open GL is used for the workspace display in Vue 4. You have the option to turn it off, when the 4 worspace boxes revert to wireframe like in Vue 3. It made no difference to my renders, nor to the noise that appears all over everywhere when I create a cylinder primitive. If I make a scene in Vue 4 under Win 98 and render it under Win 95, it is perfectly normal. That is, in fact, what I do with scenes that involve transparency maps. If I want a cylinder, it is usually quicker to make one in Rhino and import it than switch to Win 95. I would agree that Win 98SE + my video card sounds the likely suspect, were it not for the fact that it behaves the same on my husband's PC. His motherboard, chip, video card and sound card are all different from mine, he has 512MB RAM against my 256MB, and he is running Win98 and not Win98SE. All of which makes me a little bit wary of buying a new video card to make Vue happy, if there is a chance that it would make no difference. At the moment I am a bit stumped, and inclined to put up with doing some renders in Win 95. Bryce 5 should be delivered in the beginning of next week. If that too gives problems I shall have to think about changing the video card. Laurie, Vue Tech Support say that most people are running it under Win98 or Win98SE and I am the only person having problems (apart from my better half who does not use it - we only put it on his machine to test whether it was SE and/or my video card causing the trouble). So what makes Vue4 dislike this corner of Coventry seems a total mystery. sig6.gif