Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Enter your own price items.......

Touchwood opened this issue on Jun 26, 2009 · 13 posts

momodot posted Fri, 26 June 2009 at 8:44 PM

I so far I have always paid minimum at VP with this 'Enter Your Own Price' option but then I would not have purchased at all without it given my present circumstances.

In practical terms it has served as a 'loss leader' as it keeps me returning to the store when I otherwise probably would not have given that my renders usually are on different lines then those of the products carried there. I do make an occasional "big ticket" full price purchase at VP as a consequence.

That said, I would probably pay recommended or higher if my situation was different. In better times I often made donations to freebie providers who provided that option... sometimes a donation ten times the recommended amount. I have also bought gifts or gift certificates for freebie authors when I have been able.

Here at RMP I often make purchases from vendors like reika and kobomax who stick to the $5.00-$7.50 price range simply to encourage them to continue selling at the price mark. For someone like me a $5.00 purchase is a real pick me up and a $12.00 purchase is a real commitment... over $14.00 purchase price and you just are not going to make a sale with me. Sorry, I think that Poser content should be priced for volume sales no matter what the quality.

I must say the the VP 'Enter Your Own Price' keeps me returning to that store when I probably would not otherwise. I am grateful for the option and think it is a very sensible pricing/marketing strategy and much preferable to Platinum Club and the like. It certainly garners my good will as a consumer and if I come into any money VP can be sure I will make some compensating purchases out of gratitude for the generosity extended.

BTW I would love to see more for Vincent Parker, characters and everyday clothing... esp. at a price I could afford :) My old jalopy of a machine really gets along with that superb low poly figure. He is like the figure Dork should have been! There is nothing wrong with the resolution of the Poser 4 figures. It is just that the modeling and rigging could have benefited from more work. I often wish that Poser had continued down the path it was on before DAZ got involved... I feel I was actually more productive working with those old "Model T" figures that everyone modified and hacked so inventively. The G4 figure just break when you try to mess with them under the hood and high poly mesh doesn't even morph as well as low poly mesh once you go past a certain density. Sorry to go OT but I think Vincent Parker is an excellent example of how good sculpting and rigging make a low resolution mesh a real winner and I wish he had picked up more momentum as a figure!