Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 8 advertised!

raven opened this issue on Jun 25, 2009 · 1706 posts

coldrake posted Sat, 27 June 2009 at 3:12 AM

*bagginsbill wrote;

Quote - I can't seem to make this point clear, even though I've talked about it for weeks.

Poser 8 is getting the features the community asked for, BY MAJORITY. If it doesn't meet all your requirements, that does not prove that Poser has missed the mark. It means your needs do not represent those of the majority of users.

The number 1 problem with Poser is not 64-bit or subsurface scattering or area lights or getting rid of the bizarro Kai interface widgets.

it is managing a content library with 500,000 ITEMS. I'm not joking. Now think about the dollars represented by each user who has 500,000 content items in his fricking runtimes, of which he/she has several hundred. This is a person spending $2000 to $10000 a year on content!

You think that the $125 upgrade bothers this person? Hardly. If you feed this person what he/she wants, and make it easier to manage a MILLION content items, he/she will go buy 500,000 more items.

And, such a person is not fascinated with speeding his/her workflow, via amazing pro-grade UI. This is a person who spends all day in a bedroom playing with dolls. If you make it faster to use, then they'll run out of things to try and have to go outside or something.

You guys (and me) with your empty runtimes and dreams of faster renders are in the minority.

I'm exaggerating a little bit, but that's the universe here. Sure, there are tons of us that don't fit that classification, me included. So what. The definition of minority is not that we are few in number, but that we are vastly fewer than the other group.

I'm not saying I like the emphasis on content. I'm saying that I'm sick of armchair marketing pundits (i.e. pretty much any of us Rendo Poser forum frequent posters) claiming that Poser is not addressing its market. It is addressing its market with this release. Deal with it.

If you like Daz better, then use Daz. It isn't even $50, it's free and always has been. Plenty of people have explained why they prefer Poser, even at a price.

I like Poser because I dig the material room. Fun puzzles. And I like to help people, and I like the people here. So I don't really care what the new features are. I'll teach you how to get the most out of them, after it's released.

I don't make art for any other reason than to know how to make it. Simple as that.

It's a good thing you're not Poser 8's Marketing director. ;)

Coldrake