Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 8 advertised!

raven opened this issue on Jun 25, 2009 · 1706 posts

DarrenUK posted Sat, 27 June 2009 at 4:47 AM

Quote - I can't seem to make this point clear, even though I've talked about it for weeks.

Poser 8 is getting the features the community asked for, BY MAJORITY. If it doesn't meet all your requirements, that does not prove that Poser has missed the mark. It means your needs do not represent those of the majority of users.

The number 1 problem with Poser is not 64-bit or subsurface scattering or area lights or getting rid of the bizarro Kai interface widgets.

it is managing a content library with 500,000 ITEMS.

Poser does desperately need a better way of finding stuff in the library, but there are also other things that people have wanted improved or fixed for years that deserve attention as well.
If by the "MAJORITY" you mean the people who filled in the Smith Micro Survey quite a while back, well I was one of those people. The problem that I found with the survey was that a large number of the questions were geared to an improved library system. Other areas were maybe given a few questions or overlooked completely.
Some might think that "directed" questions meant that the new features had already been decided on, and that they were wanting opinion on what they had already done as opposed to asking what improvements we wanted.

I love the idea of finding content easier, I just hope that there is also enough new and improved stuff to keep people with more modest runtime sizes happy and want to upgrade. I expect we shall see over the next few months what those are, and hopefully some of the other things that people asked for have been listened to.

Daz Studio 4.8 and 4.9beta, Blender 2.78, Sketchup, Poser Pro 2014 Game Dev SR5 on Windows 8 Pro x64. Poser Display Units are inches