Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 8 advertised!

raven opened this issue on Jun 25, 2009 · 1706 posts

JoePublic posted Sat, 27 June 2009 at 7:00 AM

"This is a person spending $2000 to $10000 a year on content!

Or a person who knows how to type "Poser" and "torrent" into Google.

Same mistake the scale-modell companies made in the 80's and which almost led to their complete extinction:
Creating less than stellar products because they thought their "main focus group"  were "undemanding kids" instead of "serious adult hobbyists".

But frankly, I don't care anymore.

I already installed Studio on my machine and use it as a bridge to easily create custom morphs and joint fixes in ZBrush.

I want realistic humans for my art, so I need the best joint editing/mesh manipulating tools I can get.
And right now, Studio 3.0 blows PoserPro completely out of the water in that regard.

I hate to say it because I LIKE Poser, but it's the simple truth.

If some "new and improved" content management for the "play with Poser" crowd is Poser 8's main selling point, then any more minute spent with Poser is a waste of time.

I already had to base my work exclusively on DAZ meshes because whoever owns/owned Poser obviously can't/couldn't be bothered to pay for a figure artist with at least a rudimentary knowledge of human anatomy as well as the desire to create sensible mesh topology.

And so I guess I can as well join the dark side completely.

It's a shame. I DO love my "ancient" Kai Krause interface.
After all, cars still use four wheels to move from point a to b, and a steering wheel to go around corners since the Germans invented them over a century ago, so I guess some concepts are so perfect, they simply can't be improved upon.

But if it's Kai Krause vs more realistic looking poser people, better joints and more accurate shapes will surely win every time.

Yeah, I guess if I'd be 20yrs younger and healthy again, I wouldn't touch Poser or Studio with a ten foot pole and use MAX or MAYA instead.

But I already invested the last 9 years into Poser/DAZ, and I can't afford to throw that time and experience away and start again from zero.

Nethertheless I still want the best tool for my art, and ATM, it doesn't look like it would be Poser.