Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 8 advertised!

raven opened this issue on Jun 25, 2009 · 1706 posts

bopperthijs posted Sat, 27 June 2009 at 12:42 PM

perhaps a little late to react, but :

RTE wrote:

*That's why I said what I said about Poser marketing. Poser is late. Much like in the tortoise/hare fable, they have missed the train.
Each sensible user would rather get DAZ Studio, except a handful old dinosaurs who have got too much used to Poser that they are incapable of changing their habits; And that's not a market share.

*You have to reread the fable: the tortoise always wins.

But as an old dinosaur like I am, I have to say that I both use DAZ-studio and Poser (pro). Both have their strong points, and I don't think in terms of switching from one application to another.
When you have used as many 3D-programs as I have you learn to get a around the quirkier aspects of  the most esoteric interfaces: every program has it's own way to rotate, to zoom, to move, to adjust the parameters and what's more, but the basic principles remain the same.

But to get back on topic: I'm actually glad SmithMicro didn't make the same mistake as E-frontier did with poserpro by anouncing all kind of features and making  promises about the release date. I suppose we all remember what came out of that. Although I like Poserpro because of it's speed, I was rather disappointed that the quidam link wasn't included.
Without making any speculations I expect Poser 8 to be a surprise-party, like any new upgrade.

best regards,

Bopper.

-How can you improve things when you don't make mistakes?