Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 8 advertised!

raven opened this issue on Jun 25, 2009 · 1706 posts

SeanMartin posted Sat, 27 June 2009 at 7:59 PM

Quote - For SeanMartin, the reason I said JenX sounds like the customer is to blame. The top fourth of that response sounds like peoples concerns are being minimized. Then, 'You want radical change? It's not going to come from SM'...boom, off the hook. [And why not ? they're making the product.] "It's going to have to start with people actually engaging and LEARNING !" No, it starts with the product you are using. It's what you can do with it. Remember the old saying,'If you only have a hammer, everything looks like a nail.' Well, we would like a stocked toolbox. And we are going to have to show Smith Micro what their own program is capable of ? This makes them sound more out of touch than ever. I do agree, this is a wait & see. Personally, I'm hoping for a greatly improved hair room among other things.   Mike

And in part we are to blame, no matter how you cut it. P7 has dynamic cloth, but hardly anyone uses it. P7 has great animation tools, but you actually have to built the animation to make it work — unlike the plug-n-play from Animate, which is little more than an inventory of motion capture files you string together: big whoop -- where's the challenge in that?

Point is, Poser did give us the tools, but we didnt do anything with them. Well, okay, rewrite: some folks did, but not nearly enough., So can you blame the Poser development team for not bothering to redo anyhting that no one seems to really care about anyway? Notice what Jne wrote: folks got amazing things out the standard P4 rendering engine... because they worked with it. I took the P4dork and made him look like serious contention for Michael... because I worked with it. SmithMicro cant do everything for you. There is no "make art" button, just as there isnt for Photoshop or Illustrator or any other creative program. The tools are there, but you have to put them to work.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider