Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 8 advertised!

raven opened this issue on Jun 25, 2009 · 1706 posts

carodan posted Sun, 28 June 2009 at 8:46 AM

Quote - well the cloth room crashes a lot of time if you want to have a nice t-shirt on apollo plus dynamic pants. 
people dont use it because its not working how it should. in CGI sometimes an arm is going in the body. so when you have dynamic cloth it crashes.

I think the real problem isn't the cloth room itself but rather that not too many clothing items have been specifically designed for use in the cloth room. You do encounter issues with intersecting polygons and groups that arn't properly arranged and welded together, but that is to be expected. This is certainly true of items converted from conforming clothing - collars and buttons dropping away during sims, poly's flying out in all directions etc. But there's also the problem of folk not learning all the features to any real depth, and experimenting. There are things the user has to be aware of, just the same as there are when setting up the Firefly renderer.
I've never had any problems with dynamic items that were modelled as such. For example, the dynamic T-shirt and Jeans for Apollo from PoserWorld work fine. Problem with these is that the detailing isn't there and it's the little things that can let an item down.
The issue I have with dynamic clothing is that there simply isn't enough of it out there - clothes designed specifically for use in the cloth room I mean. Quite a few dresses for the females, but good dynamic shirts and pants with some level of detailing...forget it.
Svdl created an excellent set of ofice clothes for V4  - great details and very well set up. I only wish someone would model some more; everyday items like shirts and pants (male stuff).
Dynamic cloth really looks far better than conforming any day. It's almost criminal that the content isn't available to make best use of this tool.
I don't expect too much development on the cloth room, but I sure wish someone with some decent modelling skills would make some clothes for it.

btw, very entertaining thread.

PoserPro2014(Sr4), Win7 x64, display units set to inches.

www.danielroseartnew.weebly.com