Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 8 advertised!

raven opened this issue on Jun 25, 2009 · 1706 posts

aeilkema posted Sun, 28 June 2009 at 3:07 PM

Quote - Actually, it IS our fault as a userbase. Smith Micro bought Poser, and inherited a community that wants everything done for them. If change is going to happen, it has to start with us. Where we, lead as customers, Smith Micro would be idiots not to follow. And, right now, we are collectively leading them toward content-based programming. *apologies for typos. I'm still learning to type on my cellphone.

Isn't that Poser it's strength? If I had all the time I wanted to model,  I would do so, but I need/want results fast. Secondly, when it comes to organic live forms my modeling is horrible. I do technical items (vehicles, planes, architecture, furniture and such) quite well, but humans and do look terrible when I do so. If I had time and could model organic items, I wouldn't even give Poser a though, but use something much more suitable.

Without content Poser would be almost completely worthless and loose it's major selling strength. I agree, I want stuff done for me, I don't want to model it myself. There are many talented modelers around here that create beautiful figures (no, I'm not refering to V4/M4) and clothes for such a great price, that I cannot even afford to start modeling. Doing it myself would be so much more expensive.

So you can blame me for being the kind of customer I am, yes I'm very content orientated and without that I wouldn't even have a purpose for using Poser.

Having said that, it leaves more and enough room for SM to improve my content oriented experience and I sincerely do hope they do continue with their content-based programming!!!!

Perhaps it's time for you to look elsewhere if you need more?

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk