Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 8 advertised!

raven opened this issue on Jun 25, 2009 · 1706 posts

Shalimar-Cherie posted Mon, 29 June 2009 at 10:13 AM

Quote - > Quote -

I'll consider buying if it has significant improvements in the areas that need them most (IMO). I hope they've done some serious fixing of the Hair room.

I hope the figures don't continue the trend of ridiculously huge polygon counts and hope the new P8 features are something I need and use.

I hope that the polygon count isnt as high as on Sydney.

Maybe Smith Micro will learn and Alyson will be rigged more like Miki2.

If they want me to shell out over $100 for an upgrade to P8, they'd better have included some new (useful!) features, lots of bug fixes and speed improvements to the core app.

I'd rather have a new poser with more improvements instead of paying for figures and content I'll never use.

I am curious to see if they have changed (even improved) the User Interface.

I am hoping for more 64-bit goodness, and an accurate reference guide.

If, IF, she is the Poser 8 girl, I just might use her.

My point is, yes, they sure need to cater for the old clients.

Please, oh, please include some low to medium res figures .

An hair, lots of hair, P L E A S E.

And, everyday, wearable clothing would be nice too. .

Looking forward to it and no doubt this thing will be a 64-bit program.

Needs full 64 bit capability, and a user interface we can really use (gizmos to move things - enough with spinning dials!)

oooooo, crosses fingers, let it not be a bunch of compressed psds and not brown

Well if they are going to overhaul the interface then I MIGHT be interested in an upgrade.....

I have a long wishlist of things that I would like to see in this version and made sure to include them in the survery they had awhile ago.

How about being able to multi  select body parts and in the Material Room, surfaces??

Really needs options like this for my sort of work flow. 

What I am interested in is whether or not this will include many of the features in Poser Pro, such as HDRI rendering, background rendering, and network rendering support for at least 3 other computers... a UI overhaul with faster load time and rendering time would be ideal.

Including a fast and stable 64-bit version for Intel Macs running Leopard or greater would also be a good reason to upgrade... not the content.

we would like to see an improvment on the Render Engine .

Hoping for the best (lots of new features, global illumination, state-of-the-art render times, well, everything DAZ Studio already has...)

And if someone, we care not who, can just solve all the issues of Poser import into Vue.......

Make DAZ Studio 3 look like MS Paintbrush, and you might gain our respect.

area lights.............................

and a better fake SSS  .........................

i would like better options in the render.

I really do hope they release the full feature list at once and release the list well before the product will be released and don't play these annoying games with us.

Help it by better (and initially free) supporting - updating your own figures? ? ?

If it works better than un-patched Poser5 I'll buy it.

I do hope they include the content as a seperate install, preferably the individual zips so we can pick and choose what we want to install of it and where we want it installed to.

Tool bars would be nice to get rid of all the wasted space carried over since Poser 2 where I started.  Also a way to manage our libraries especially for those of us with multiple runtimes.  Better animation tools as well.

if there are some UI improvements then I'm there for sure.

My one wish would be to see the latest version of Poser as a fully functional 64 bit program!

I just hope it work right, and uses more than 3 gigs of memory and that they fix it to use mental ray or vray!

I realy hope they add no new features and just concentrate on fixing what they have.

Fingers crossed that Poser 8 is fully 64 bit 

I would be happy if the figures didn't have joints that looked like folded innertubes, thats my only gripe.

i hope they fixed DM shadows and they work now how they should 5 years ago.

I only ask for two things: make it a 64 bit app and do.NOT.mess.with.the.interface!

I want the option for incremental saving of files (pz3)

An' a pony!!!! I wanna pony!! Pleeeeeeeez?!? I've been really good this year, an' I reeeeeeely wanna pony!

Can I have one?

If I don't get a pony, I'm gonna hold my breath until I turn blue!

Then you'll be sorry...

:lol: 😄 :lol:

I agree in every Point here , without the Pony which is to purchase @ DAZ rofl

It is unflatable but smiling , as i heared the Pony is easy to handle by drag and drop .