Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT: What's going on..Billy Mays passed away today

tebop opened this issue on Jun 28, 2009 · 30 posts

JOELGLAINE posted Mon, 29 June 2009 at 7:18 PM

Billy Mays and Michael Jackson were fifty.  I'm Fifty.  A lot of people just feel like mortality is closing in on them. I already had that happen last week.

I got the check for moving to another apartment. After cashing it, I ran out of gas and pulled into an abandoned building's parking lot.  A blue Escalade pulled in behind me.  A heavy set Middle-eastern bald man with a huge knife demanded all my money, or he'd "gut me like a fish"

Being a paranoid SOB, I had hidden most of the $500 USD about on my person, so he only got $70. I walked over to the Shell station in the 100F heat and called the cops and got a gallon of gas and walked back.  GIving my statement to the police, I suffered heat stroke and almost died.

I ended up spending  part of last weekend in the hospital and have felt like crap ever since.

Moral of this story? I'm not famous, so it's not news worthy. On my measurement scale, it barely ranks in the top ten worst days ever in my life.  I'm also lucky I didn't get knifed, OR die from heat stroke.  I kept the majority of my money.

The only difference between famous people and us "Non-famous" is I'm not harassed by paparazzi , and when we die, our families aren't bothered either. :laugh: I'd prefer to be RICH, not famous. OR dead!

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!