Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: BlockHouse interior light problems

lakota opened this issue on Jul 03, 2009 ยท 66 posts

lakota posted Sat, 04 July 2009 at 5:12 PM

Well, I do something with the gamma and setting it to 2.2. I don't think I used the colorsync utility, 'cause that is asking me to agree to its terms before it even opens, so I must not have evened it before. I opened "help" and typed in gamma, hit a link, then another link and walked through something. I did set that up before at some point when I installed a new monitor a few years back.

Fondly remember the "classic" old mac os when you knew where everything was and what everything did.

Now the images are a bit darker, but not by much. The scene is now 207 MB down from a high of 213.5 MB. It takes my old g4 Quicksilver ppc about 3 hours to render a 803 x 570 image of it set low in raytracing in firefly rendering. At finish rendering settings at 1170 x 708 with hair on the seated figure, that's a rendering best left to when you're sleeping and be surprised in the morning as to what it looks like over a good cup of coffee.

I need to experiment with bagginsbill's IFS shader. Maybe just rebuild the scene again, start afresh for the fouth time. Throw a lantern in an empty Blockhouse and see its effect then start adding the stuff again. It's all chunked together in my libraries, all parented together in some way or another, not hard to reload.

Excluding the figures and such, all the props and clothing are my stuff, so redoing the texture maps won't be that hard. Excluding the clothing, they are all in the same folder, well the textures for the Bockhouse are in one folder and the prop textures are in another. V4 Vickie's outfit is in another, the m4 officer's uniform is in another, and the m3 Soldier's textures in another. And all those folders are in one 1812 folder.