Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: BlockHouse interior light problems

lakota opened this issue on Jul 03, 2009 · 66 posts

lakota posted Sat, 04 July 2009 at 10:58 PM

Here is the first test with bagginsbill's  ISF shader. As yet, I really have no understanding of it, or for that matter material nodes in general. However, I used a pic of the dial settings from one of IsaoShi's posts on June 21st as a base to understand where to enter data and went from there.

The point now is to get a handle on this effect, make adjustments to refine it, and then fill the room up with stuff again.

I should say, I tried lower settings of 100% Intensity, but that wasn't popping through the lantern's glass at all, unless something is dramatically wrong with the texture maps which have not been change or gamma altered in any way.

So here is the scene with only one lantern over the table in the room. The lighting is now an inter point light set at 200%Intensity, 1.000 Shadow, with a Dist End at 0.005.

And an outer Point light using the ISF  shader set at 300% intensity, 1.000 Shadow, Dist Start at 0.500, Dist End at 0.000, and the Intensity Distance in the ISF shader at 500.000 for its value_1.

There is also a sky dome in the scene, but it's outside the room and shouldn't have that much effect.

I don't know if this is a correct setting with in a 20 x 20 x 10 foot room, but it's a starting point.