Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 8 advertised!

raven opened this issue on Jun 25, 2009 · 1706 posts

SeanMartin posted Mon, 06 July 2009 at 8:40 PM

>> "When I call somebody "f ' er", I'm having fun and being myself, which includes a lot of good-natured ribbing. Some loading-dock vocabulary is fun for me as I am usually amongst a bunch of suits."

Perhaps it is to you, but without any other clues (like the occasional emoticon), it just came across as mean-spirited. As you say, you know your job. You know what's expected of you. Rather than come here and complain, I earnestly suggest you just suck it up and deal with it, as opposed to "jokingly" insulting the folks who, in their clearly miniscule way, pay for your job.

We all have technical issues to deal with. I'm working on over 250 short animations, all due pretty much last week, and some of them are f'ing disasters because I cant get the damn rigging to work like I need it to. But I'm not gonna whine at the guy writing the cheque. I'm gonna figure it out and send the invoice in and move on to the next assignment.

Further, whatever your position outside SM might be, right now, in this thread, you represent the company. You've made that pretty clear. SM probably wouldnt take too well to having someone on their staff (even as an outside consultant) trashing part of their customer base in an open forum, no matter how you may have intended it.

If you need to blow off steam at having to deal with Mac platform, this is not — trust me, not — the place to do it.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider