Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: BlockHouse interior light problems

lakota opened this issue on Jul 03, 2009 ยท 66 posts

bagginsbill posted Tue, 07 July 2009 at 5:54 PM

Quote - Note to bagginsbill: while checking and double-checking the corrections to my version of the ISF shader, I have come across various versions (all posted by you) with different values in the distance Pow node and in the final Divide node. Can you confirm which values are correct, please? I don't want to post a thread with a corrected version if it's still wrong. Thanks.

The value in the reference distance pow node is different because it's whatever I want it to be. For example, if I know that I have an object that is 42 inches away, and I want the luminance to be 80% at that distance, then I put 42 in there and 80% intensity. If I want 60% intensity at 90 inches, then I put 90 in there and 60% intensity.

I'm not aware of differences in the final Divide node, unless those were cases where I was not using a Pow node for the distance. Sometimes I used to just put the square of the reference distance in the divide, but that was harder to understand. So the divide is always 1/3 and the 1 is connected to the reference distance node which squares it. [ Pow(d, 2) ]

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)