Forum: Community Center

Subject: Full Image Thumbnails (To ALL members)

TallPockets opened this issue on Jul 15, 2009 · 24 posts

TallPockets posted Wed, 15 July 2009 at 8:09 PM

OTOH, I've done some testing on my own by studying hits on images of mine and of other people, and you do, in fact, get more views with a cropped image than an uncropped one. I often would like to see a less cropped thumbnail when browsing in a hurry, too, but many people gain a lot of personal pleasure from a higher view count, and I wouldn't want to take that away from them just to make my own life a little better. (CaptainJack1 above quote) ....

CJACK: HELLO & THANKS for your comments and insights, also.

Deviant Art and a few other sites I visit, DO show the FULL original thumbnails. Having been there alot, THIS old man finds it a GREAT HELP to those who have 'reasons' that make browsing galleries difficult for THEM that I listed/gave above at the start of this thread.

YES, it appears that the MAIN reason other members 'crop' is to 'tease' to GET MORE VIEWS. I am NOT asking for a MANDATED thumbnail policy. I am LIBERTARIAN and to EACH their own. I am ONLY simply ASKING all FELLOW MEMBERS HERE to CONSIDER how MUCH it would HELP OTHER fellow members here if that WERE done. It is EACH member's decision to make or not make, I AGREE. I hope that clear ups MY "ASKING" and NOT telling if YOU or ANYONE took it as such.

And LORD knows, this old man would NOT even want to take away any PERSONAL PLEASURE from other fellow members for their number of VIEWS to HELP other fellow members. (WINK?)

It seems to ME, CaptainJack, that a "VIEW" here is ONLY RECORDED when it is a FULL view, correct?

So, if YOU saw MY small thumbnail and did NOT OPEN/CLICK ON it, I would NOT see a "VIEW" correct?

So, to further that thought process, IF 200 peeps 'saw' MY full small thumbnail, but ONLY 50 ACTUALLY OPENED/CLICKED ON it, I would only SEE that '50' VIEWS took place on MY upload correct? When, in REALITY, 200 VIEWS took place. Just not FULL views, correct? So, MORE people ARE viewing the upload, it's just NOT being SHOWN/RECORDED as VIEWS, correct?

Again, to SUM up: This DUMB old member is ASKING, NOT demanding in ANY such manner, that FELLOW members CONSIDER using a FULL thumb and put their EGOS aside from VIEW COUNTS for the BENEFIT and HELP of OTHERS.

Call this old man CRAZEEEE for such thoughts, if you will. SMILE.

BLESSINGS to you and yours and ALL whom CONSIDER such. MUCH appreciated.

My BEST to the WONDERFUL and GIFTED artists and peoples at this MOST WONDERFUL site!

TallPockets.