Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: P8 features announced...

ockham opened this issue on Jul 21, 2009 · 154 posts

bagginsbill posted Wed, 22 July 2009 at 4:58 PM

Quote - > Quote - I'm sort of surprised they didn't try for SSS in Poser 8. I never believed they could do it without a new render engine anyway, but still surprised.

The global illumination should be... interesting to see.

Oh but let's not make this a complaint thread. After all, the interface will be new, which is a HUGE...no, an important.... hmm, no.... it's a..
Well, it's a nice thing that they did that.

And I for one can barely contain myself thinking I might be able to replace a double click with a drag and drop. Why, that alone will shave seconds off of every months' worth of Poser usage. :rolleyes:

i am not suprised. SM did what users wanted. like BB explained. you saw for years people saying '' i want GI''. noont said that he wants SSS. but IMO a lot of people wanted GI because they think that this is an easier way to make realistic renders. you know just push  a button and enjoy in realism.

Actually, it is a big leap in realism, at the push of a button. Did you not notice all the demo renders I did using only one light? Without tone mapping and GI, that one light scenario doesn't look real at all. Now it looks like a Vue render.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)