Forum: Vue

Subject: Is there a Vue equivalent to a Poser MAT pose?

ranman38 opened this issue on Jul 30, 2009 · 110 posts

impish posted Fri, 31 July 2009 at 12:57 AM

Mazak - I see what you mean about changing the texture maps' mapping that switches all the texture maps to be the same one.  I don't think its a bug but it strikes me as more of an oversight with "edit all materials".  I'll have a look see if I can write a script to let you switch the mappings of a set of materials in one go.

Ideally e-on (in the long term) might be able to revise edit all materials to make changing texture map mapping not affect the rest of the texture map settings. However it isn't completely useless - you can do all your bump map changes (and a lot of other changes in one go which is a lot more than you used to be able to do.

Artperl while what your asking for might be possible it would involve a fair amount of programming and at the moment I can't really persuade myself that I'm interested in it because I think there will be quite a lot of support required for people using it.  I think its probably a good candidate for a commecrial script as it will be of most use allowing a set of models to be combined with a set of textures.

If the object is set up right you can edit just the sails and not other parts of the object if either the sails are separate objects (or separate selectable objects in a group) or if the materials for the objects are distinct.  Simply select the materials / objects you want to edit and use edit all materials although Mazak has found a limitation on it.

impworks | vue news blog | twitter | pinterest