Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 8 advertised!

raven opened this issue on Jun 25, 2009 · 1706 posts

pjz99 posted Mon, 03 August 2009 at 12:58 AM

Bagginsbill:

Quote - > Quote - I am still waiting on an answer about Sydney's rig symmetry in Poser 8, not like it's a hard thing to check.

Not hard for you, maybe. I have not the slightest idea what you're talking about here:

*And how about those very old rigging bugs, like the tumbling falloff zone problem, or the symmetry/falloff zone oritentation flipping problem?  One figure that shows this problem is Sydney, left and right buttock bones, Bend; falloff zones do not orient correctly in current version of Poser (they're asymmetrical).  Are they symmetrical in Poser 8?

I've seen you talk about this. I understand the words asymmetry and falloff, but the rest of it is unknown stuff to me.

If you or any other Poser 8 beta tester wishes to look at this and is allowed to respond, you can get background info in this thread:
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2766726

Filter out Patorak's posts because they are nonsense.  If you don't care about the background and just want to answer this question I have about Sydney, please take these steps:
Start a blank document
Load "SydneyG2" (presumably included in Poser 8, but at worst look in your Poser 7 runtime)
Switch the camera view to the Right Camera (because it's non-orthographic, or "flat")
Turn off IK (Figure menu -> Use Inverse Kinematics -> [uncheck anything that's checked[]
Activate the Joint Editor window (Window menu -> Joint Edtior)
On the Joint Editor window, press the Zero Figure button
Select Sydney's rButtock bone, just below the hip
In the Joint Editor window, change the pulldown at the top to "Bend"
Note the orientation of the green ellipse, the innerMatSphere falloff zone
Select Sydney's lButtock bone
Note the orientation of the green ellipse again; if it does not exactly match the rButtock ellipse, then the rig is not symmetrical (which is quite bad).

Bagginsbill I understand you're going to be unavailable to try this but maybe some of the other testers - or preferably, Mr. Cooper or one of the other members of the programming team - can address this.

My Freebies