Forum: Community Center

Subject: Repeat OFFENDER?!?!

L8RDAZE opened this issue on Nov 13, 2008 · 77 posts

FutureFantasyDesign posted Mon, 03 August 2009 at 10:50 AM

Sometimes when someone says  "Why doesn't anyone comment on my work?"  or "Why do they leave 'cookie cutter' comments on my work?" I wonder if they considered what else might be happening in everyday life with people?

I think that maybe it is just that lots of folk are tied down by time, work and other obligations. Here is the problem for myself. I am not online a lot. Generally I am online long enough to post and then I am back to work (*2 business', home, family, pets, online e-zine, forums on other sites, oh and creating art and such). I do both an online business and also a physical product business (*Leather and Fur work).
When I am online I try to catch up with my Fav Artists... but I can't always do so. I can only hope they understand.  Often I have less comments on some of my gallery posts due to this. But it can't be helped. I tried doing a 'coookie cutter' post to all of my favs, but that not only did not work, but I often like to make additional comments. So I do my best to keep up with my favs, and also see the new artists and give encouragement. But it is literally a time issue. I have a LOT of favs, and it is sometimes not possible to go to every single one's gallery to catch up. Some post 3 a day every day, and when I get on, I can be 30 images behind them. Hard to go through 30 images on possibly every single fav someone has. And on 30 images it is often hard to say something that doesn't end up sounding like a 'cookie cutter' comment!

So maybe it would be less "Offensive" when a person leaves that  'cookie cutter' comment, if  the people posting were to think about it this way. That person at least left some form of  a comment! I don't know seems that that should be preferable to no comment at all?! Because it actually takes time to do any comment. And at least they tried.

Hugs
Ariana

Is there water in your future or is it being shipped away to be resold to you?
Water, the ultimate weapon...

www.futurefantasydesign.com