Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 8 advertised!

raven opened this issue on Jun 25, 2009 · 1706 posts

pjz99 posted Mon, 03 August 2009 at 6:33 PM

Please note, that bug happens to appear on Sydney at the left and right buttocks - in other figures it can occur in other places, for example on DAZ SP3 it occurs on the shins.  I suspect that it has to do with the order in which bones are read in as the CR2 is loaded but I don't know.  In adding bones to an existing figure - say, you want to add bones to Simon's chest so you can move his pectorals around - this bug may appear and cause problems.  If you're rigging an original figure it can also appear.  It shows up in rigging conforming clothing, e.g. you'll find very few conforming high-heel shoes for DAZ SP3 because the bug produces asymmetrical bending once the shoes are conformed onto the character.  Even if you hand-edit the CR2, and key in mathematically symmetrical values, once they are read in by Poser the bug still appears.  It is a very, very bad bug for the content creator.

edit: additionally, the same CR2s will be read in correctly by DAZ|Studio and interPoser Pro/Cinema 4d.  The Poser knockoffs actually read Poser content better than Poser.

My Freebies