Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 8... First Impressions

ziggie opened this issue on Aug 04, 2009 · 617 posts

bagginsbill posted Tue, 04 August 2009 at 7:21 PM

Regarding system sluggishness while rendering, here's a tip. I've been doing this with all versions of Poser forever.

After you launch Poser, go into Task Manager. Find the Poser process in Processes. Right click and choose Set Priority ... Below Normal.

This means that Poser will run 100% CPU unless you try to do something else. Then it will briefly let your desktop or other applications respond immediately to your mouse and keyboard.

I do this all the time, because while I'm rendering, I browse the forums. The browser is really sluggish with Poser at normal priority, but fast as ever with Poser at below normal priority.

If you're not doing something else, Poser will still get 100% of the CPU for the render, so it doesn't really slow anything down while you're reading stuff.

Unfortunately, there's no way I know of to make this permanent. You have to change the process priority every time you launch Poser.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)