Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 8... First Impressions

ziggie opened this issue on Aug 04, 2009 · 617 posts

grichter posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 2:13 PM

The poser lib has been the same forever. People are used to it even if it is slow to change libs and or change from pose to figure, etc inside a given lib.

Granted the thumbs are an issue (it will be addressed I know)

But I will bet a dollar to a donut, if the P8 lib was the defacto standard for all prior releases and they changed it to the P7 style and prior for P8, you would also hear screaming.

It's very very different and I am willing to see if it grows on me or not.

I am also on a twin monitor Mac and used to spread the lib out across about 50 percent of my second monitor horizontally. Having the new vertical layout is very different for me. Whereas a person with a single monitor it probably is closer to what they are used to. The vertical layout.

I do think having the words loading when you double click on something is a very nice touch. With P7 etal if I double clicked to fast, sometimes things didn't load. If I wasn't sure, I would have to move my mouse elsewhere to see if it turned into a spinning beach ball or not to see if Poser was actually trying to load something.

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"