Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 8 advertised!

raven opened this issue on Jun 25, 2009 · 1706 posts

seachnasaigh posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 12:25 AM

Quote - BB,

Right now I am using Poser Pro simply because its 64 bit rendering engine allows access to over 4 GB RAM ( I typically need over 5 GB RAM to render my images)......Should I therefore hold back until Poser PRro II (?) is released (given that 64 bit render engine is a must for me)?
vxg

I'll defer to BB of course, but I think you'll find what you need in this thread:    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2778341 
      The offer is that you can get P8 now, then when Poser Pro 2010 is released you only pay the difference in price between Pro 2010 and P8.  :D

Since you are like me in that you need RAM capacity, you will probably want to install P8 while leaving Poser Pro in place.  In your SM folder, you'll have both a Poser Pro folder and a Poser 8 folder. You will have two programs, and two serial numbers.
      In P8, add (by reference, not copy)  your Poser Pro libraries.

Then, for a complex scene, try to render in Poser 8 first;  if it succeeds, you get the benefit of superior IDL lighting (and probably speed).  If the render fails due to 32bit RAM allocation limitation, then render in Poser Pro (using separate process, so as to engage the 64bit render engine).

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5