Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 8... First Impressions

ziggie opened this issue on Aug 04, 2009 ยท 617 posts

nico4 posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 1:44 PM

Well, here is my take on the new Poser 8. I haven't purchased it YET, but I probably will sometime later on. I usually like to wait on these new upgrades because of bugs and the like, but I must say I am dissapointed with the new Poser version. I am a big animation fan and was hoping there would be something similar to the aniblocks add on like the one used in Daz 3D software. I have used the walk designer and the nerd 3d walk add on and they both suck! The women always walk like they have arthritis or something. I have been working painfully for hours trying to get vicky to walk more naturally and haven't yet been able to master it. I know there are BVH files for download but that can become expensive. I have a family and can't spend hours and hours in Poser to make animation look decent, that's why I love the aniblocks feature in Daz 3d BUT the Daz 3d software I feel has a ways to go to catch up with the look and feel that Poser has been able to achieve. Any suggestions?....Bueller,.....Bueller,.....Bueller?