Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 8 advertised!

raven opened this issue on Jun 25, 2009 · 1706 posts

inquire posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 2:13 PM

I've found that a number of Python Script plugins that worked in Poser 7 do not work in Poser 8. Does anyone know if there are going to be updates? For example, the wonderful scripts by Shaderworks for Render Studio, Advanced Render Settings, Bubbles Generator, and Face Randomizer, etc. -- all of these don't work.  Also, Shader Spider looked like it was going to work, and then Poser 8 locked up and I had to Force Quit. Aww, for the first time in Poser 8 (Mac version). Also, the Mac Unimesh Realism Kit doesn't work. Puppet Master doesn't work either.

Some of these may no longer be necessary, due to the improvements in lighting and rendering. Also, Poser 8 has a better implementation of Universal Poses (IMHO) than did Poser 7, so Puppet Master may no longer be necessary.

Still, I'm wondering about updates.

For those who want 64-bit rendering or multiple core rendering, when I installed the Shaderworks Advanced Render Settings scripts, the render mode began taking advantage of both my cores. (I have an Intel iMac with Core Duo Extreme Processors.) This might further help people who have four or even eight cores. I don't think it went to 64-bit rendering, though. 

If this isn't the place to raise these questions, please point me to the correct thread.