Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 8... First Impressions

ziggie opened this issue on Aug 04, 2009 ยท 617 posts

SeanMartin posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 11:53 AM

I've not bought it yet, so my impressions are based on what I'm reading here and the images provided.

Having said that, the human figures are, to be blunt, a mess. I dont know who designed these, but it just seems with every new edition of Poser, the main characters wander further and further into stylish-in-a-not-so-good-way. This isnt talking about height or realistic proportions, but just simple basic "look": they're hard-edged and and far too angular. They have a perpetually angry look, even when they're smiling.

If indeed it's true that the hair in the promo images was painted in, the marketing director at SM should either be fired or whacked at the kneecaps for that kind of bait-and-switch. I hope someone will come in with the real info one way or the other.

Further, it seems we still have the same arm problem (not the elbow, guys, but the entire arm) of it bending in and looking more like a stalk with a claw attached than an arm.

When is SM gonna realize that it's the stores where a lot of the cash can be made and that a lot of that cash comes from vendor support? The only way you're going to get support is by having something worth supporting in the first place, and these, guys, are not it. Not even close.

As for the program itself, I've not seen enough in the way of complex renders to know what the new render engine looks like. Hopefully someone will post a few where this thing is really put through its paces? Thus far, there hasnt been much to convince me that I need to make this upgrade jump, and I'm not gonna do it just because it's there, guys. This is an impulse buy, so I need to be convinced before I'm shelling out this kind of cash. Thus far, there hasnt been much to convince me.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider