Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 8 advertised!

raven opened this issue on Jun 25, 2009 · 1706 posts

bagginsbill posted Sun, 09 August 2009 at 8:05 AM

Quote - > Quote - Here's a tip about Poser 8 search. Select an item in the search results. The right side of that item will say "locate". That is a link you can click. It will navigate your library tree to open the branches and scroll to show you where that item is in your libraries. It will be the selected item. If it is in an external library, and you're showing a different library by itself, the GUI will switch to that library for you.

Is it safe to assume the search only finds cr's, pz2's etc. and does not include folder names in the search. I am on an intel Mac and as a test I typed in MFD which is the folder name I have the Morphing Fantasy Dress in say both my V3 and my V4 runtimes. Does not find that folder. The name of my cr2 for V4 is Fantasy Dress.cr2. I don't think I am alone in the fact I rename folders to mean more to me then the content inside that folder.

Granted I have my own Filemaker Data Base I created that finds all my stuff for me very quickly. If folder names are possible to add to the search I would get some feedback how-if other people use a like scheme of renaming folders to mean more. Just a thought.

Ah edited to add if you click figures it does not find folders. If you click all categories it does find folders is what am seeing.

Sigh. I only had control over (wrote source code for) the visuals of the Library. The back-end (all actual disk I/O, search services, etc.) is inside Poser, in a server. So I cannot tell you what it is actually doing.

I can tell you that I specified that it should match folder names. If it doesn't, it is a bug and should be reported.

It is supposed to return individual items or whole folders to the search results, as long as the actual name of that item or folder matches the search criteria. When I tested the GUI, this was working.

I submitted the final library GUI weeks (2, 3, 4, 5? can't remember) before launch. Folder search worked then. If it doesn't, report it.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)