Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 8... First Impressions

ziggie opened this issue on Aug 04, 2009 · 617 posts

philebus posted Sun, 09 August 2009 at 10:48 AM

Well, after a little trial and error and swapping computers, I found that I had been an idiot and not updated my Graphics drivers. Feel a bit stupid but everything seems working just fine now.

So far, I'm very happy with the interface and the library in particular - this is going to be a massive help in the future.

It is going to take some time to learn how to best use this new lighting feature but trying out soem old stuff, I do find that the rendering is now much faster, perhaps enough to make short animations possible (I've been trying Carrara for that so far).

The first niggle I do have though is with the content. I'm certain that a better job could have been done with P8s new rigging and as for the models .... Am I the only one who thinks their arms are a bit short? It was a problem with the old Miki that was corrected for Miki 2 and the G2 figures but seems to have crept back in here. It is a pity, I really do like the G2 range and Miki2, so I would have been happy to see them return with new rigging.

This aside, first impressions are rather good.