Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Not Feeling the Love in the DAZ Forum lately

EClark1894 opened this issue on Aug 08, 2009 · 116 posts

Penguinisto posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 11:57 AM

Ahh, clique behavior.

FWIW, a few things have sprung to mind here:

* while I give massive props to anyone who does the freebie route (hey, it is work), you may want to keep in mind that maybe there are some constructive bits to be found in the criticism (dunno, haven't seen the thread, don't know where it is, too lazy to go look, etc).

*(a) Yes, even for free, one should expect to put up with critiques. I actually love getting them, since it points out stuff that I miss - otherwise I think everything is fine while I continue re-making the same mistakes over and over again... that's no way to grow.

* I sincerely doubt that DAZ is ringleading some evil conspiracy to bad-mouth the P8 figures (from what I've seen, and only IMHO, those particular figures do a good enough job of that w/o any help).

* Finally, an odd thought. Let me use a non-Poser example: If I were to build a neat script to help automate the conversion of your retail-bought OSX Leopard DVD into something you can build a Hackintosh off of, the last place I would want to say anything about it is in the Macintosh/Apple forums here. While yes it's 100% legal to do such a thing, it would tend to rub the denizens there the wrong way (I already found that out just by announcing that I managed to build one the hard way) - therefore, I take the lesson and act accordingly. I'm thinking the same dynamic is at work in the DAZ fora. If it involves a DAZ competitor, odds are good that the denizens there won't/don't have Poser, and therefore won't/don't have a clue as to what to do with it, and thus are more likely to give negative or indifferent feedback, which means...

* You'd have better luck posting the freebies here. Also, know that if you'd built something for a freebie stand-alone figure, or something that didn't require the purchase of Poser (or any moderately costly program), you would've likely gained a better reception there.