Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: WARNING if you are importing Poser 8 to UK

zippy opened this issue on Aug 12, 2009 · 61 posts

Paul Francis posted Thu, 13 August 2009 at 4:56 PM

A bit of (related) light relief...my wife bought an artificial diamond for about £600 from the USA via the Internet a few years back, we live in the UK - two weeks later, the Royal Mail put a note through my door saying that they were holding it at their depot and that I needed to go there and pay £4.80 in import tax, levied by HM Customs and Excise...I went to the depot, cheque book in hand.  I hadn't read the note properly; they actually wanted £480, as HMC&E thought it was real.  I had to pay £480 out, and appeal with HMC&E later.  I lost their internal appeal, and would have had to go to court, with a diamond expert, arranged at my own cost, to counter their argument that it was worth £10,000 and reclaim the fee.  I gave up; it took about two years for me to pluck up the courage to ever import anything again.....reading this thread, I don't think I'm going to bother upgrading.....!

My self-build system - Vista 64 on a Kingston 240GB SSD, Asus P5Q Pro MB, Quad 6600 CPU, 8 Gb Geil Black Dragon Ram, CoolerMaster HAF932 full tower chassis, EVGA Geforce GTX 750Ti Superclocked 2 Gb, Coolermaster V8 CPU aircooler, Enermax 600W Modular PSU, 240Gb SSD, 2Tb HDD storage, 28" LCD monitor, and more red LEDs than a grown man really needs.....I built it in 2008 and can't afford a new one, yet.....!

My Software - Poser Pro 2012, Photoshop, Bryce 6 and Borderlands......"Catch a  r--i---d-----e-----!"