Forum: MarketPlace Showcase

Subject: So how much $$$ does venders make ?

RorrKonn opened this issue on Aug 07, 2009 · 47 posts

karanta posted Sun, 16 August 2009 at 7:15 PM

Reviews say absolutely nothing about sales. I've products which sold extremely well - and 1 or 2 reviews. And other products which did not so well and got more reviews. Most people don't write reviews.

You can not "calculate" what someone is earning. That's absolutely not possible. Some people say what they are earning - but most people don't tell you. You can only guess. But you may guess very, very wrong (to high or to low).

And you can also not calculate what you will earning. I can not even calculate what I am earning the next month. Earnings go up and down a lot.

Did you make any Poser products? Or do you plan to learn to make them? Often the first products don't bring in a lot of money. You have to learn a lot, before you are able to do good work. How much time you need for learning depends on the product you want to make. Props are easier to make. For making conforming clothes  with morphs you need to learn a lot more. And that all takes time.

Usually people don't start with this work and make 1000+ Dollar a month. It can happen if you are lucky - but most of the time it does not happen that way ;)  Aery Soul are doing this work for years. They are 2 people and they are very good in what they are doing. And they are earning A LOT more than the average merchant here. They were merchant of the year several times.

If you are new with this work it does not make sense to try to find out what they are earning.
There are about 1500+ merchants here or so... maybe more. 50 of them are on the top sellers list. Maybe 200 or so are earning decent. And I don't even want to know how many of all the Renderosity merchants make only 10 - 50 Dollars a month or even less.

But a lot of merchants are selling here and also elsewhere or doing commissioned work. So I have absolutely no idea what people are earning if they don't tell me ;)

My Renderosity Store