Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 8 Morph Brush Tool

nabob21 opened this issue on Aug 20, 2009 · 13 posts

carodan posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 7:48 AM

I've found the morph brush to be a very powerful tool - even more so in P8 with the cross body-part functionality. For character creation I use it mostly to build on and refine existing figure morphs. I have found that it can become unstable if you do too much all in one sitting. But so long as you work incrementally, saving custom morphs as you go, it works very nicely. I tend to push and pull the mesh to get overall shapes and then smooth these to get a nice finish. You can change the relativity of the push/pull/smooth operations to shift the mesh in whatever direction you choose - you can tighten up parts of the mesh in this way to create new creases and definition that wasn't there before (of course you're always limited to the starting density and structure of the mesh you're deforming).  Before P8 I got around the problem of working across body-parts by importing the figure mesh directly from the geometries folder, creating new shapes and then spawning & exporting body-parts to be used as new morph targets.

Above are all characters using Apollo Maximus, starting with his base morphs and refining the shapes.

P.S. Press Escape to freeze the gif on any given frame - refresh the page to start it animating again.

PoserPro2014(Sr4), Win7 x64, display units set to inches.

www.danielroseartnew.weebly.com