Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 8 Search Broken in Vista 64

chaneya opened this issue on Aug 14, 2009 · 35 posts

chaneya posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 8:25 AM

lmckenzie,

Thank you.  For a second I thought I was the only sane person here.

It's always fascinated me how in some instances people choose to blame the platform developer instead of the application developer when problems occur with their favorite application.  In the gaming side of the industry, you rarely see people blaming MS when their favorite game crashes, doesn't install correctly etc. on their PC or XBox 360.  And yes all of those PC games have to deal with UAC just like everything thing else you install.  People instead rationally blame the developer of the game because the game wasn't in testing long enough.  It's funny how people react when it's their favorite application.

This has all of the signs of a developer who farmed out the install routines to their distributor/publisher.  I could certainly be wrong because I do know who actually develops Poser vs. who publishes it.  But it's very clear based upon the # of install complaints that the install routines were not tested appropriately on the platforms they were targeting for distibution. 

What I don't really understand is why the install hasn't been changed in the first two hotfixes.  That one baffles me.

Allan