Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 8 Search Broken in Vista 64

chaneya opened this issue on Aug 14, 2009 · 35 posts

lmckenzie posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 5:33 PM

"t's always fascinated me how in some instances people choose to blame the platform developer instead of the application developer when problems occur with their favorite application." 

I'd bet that Mac users, who tend to prize their OS are less likely to do so. Microsoft bashing is part of the culture, with justification in some cases, so the automatic assumption is that it's their fault. I can sympathize with both sides. There's no way for Microsoft or a developer to even begin to test every possible combination of hardware, firmware and software that a Windows user might have. In this case though, it appears that simply installing on a vanilla Vista setup would have revealed the problem - assuming that testing meant more than just checking to see if Poser loaded. We have even less excuse today when using virtual machines, you can set up multiple configurations of everything from DOS to Windows 7 and Linux set up for testing on one machine and switch between them without even rebooting the physical hardware.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken