Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Help for the sleep deprived - hmann's total hair

Daio opened this issue on Jul 17, 2001 ยท 19 posts

adminags posted Tue, 17 July 2001 at 5:51 PM

What am I (was I) doing wrong? I was using Poser, and found it to be good. Cool. Then I found some japanese hair (from japan anyway) um, Reihair, Alicehair etc??? and thought, WOW! This is great! Then I found HMann's Total Hair Complete, with all the everythings etc, and chewed over whether to get it or not, and eventually couldn't resist - you know how much better real hair looks than the solid plastic lumps in Poser 4, and you all know how much better a model looks with hair than bald. So out came my credit card, and zap! Got the whole complete total ultimate hair set thing. However.. it didn't look as good as my previous free ones, and whilst being more 'hairy' with all the bangs and things, unless I wanted the wuthering heights look (or the GI Jane look with the other (of 2) hair included) then there was too much flappy bits everywhere. Also.... it don't fit. Not on SMV Vicky (or SMMV) anyway, so she was a bit like a monk.. but the other hair worked. So I've gone back to using the basic transmapped hair that someone gave away for free. Which is really nice community type stuff. But what went wrong? Do other people find HMann hair better than anything else? Is there some trick that will give me a use for my $30/whatever? At the mo I wish there was some way to get HMann to give half my money to the ppl who made the free hair that I'm using.