Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: App for creating clothing

Believable3D opened this issue on Aug 25, 2009 · 26 posts

SSAfam1 posted Wed, 26 August 2009 at 4:32 PM

Another thing to consider when shopping for a Modeller is how many tutorials (in your area of interest---clothes) are available for THAT Modeller (and preferably a video).  I was very pleased having gotten Hexagon..still am. Money well spent. It was addictive making clothes, but also very frustrating. Not the modelling itself, but the lack of (clothing)tutorials...especially for THAT application. You'll find indepth tutorials on, "How to build a car from scratch" or "How to build a human character" before you can find them on clothing/hair. It's very odd to me considering how long Poser has been out and that characters need clothes. I wondered if it's about keeping secrets to ones self?

Either old links are broken, the tutorial you had to follow was for another program, or it was a tutorial for creating (let's say a boat) that you'd be told to adapt the same skills for making clothes.

There ARE a few dress, pants and skirt tutorials out there, but I haven't come across any which talk about adding the finishing touches. Or how to UV map and texture these. How to UV a head? Yes. How to UV map clothes with different parts(pockets, hems, frills etc)? No.