Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT (or maybe not) -- are things getting too complex?

SeanMartin opened this issue on Aug 26, 2009 · 72 posts

SeanMartin posted Thu, 27 August 2009 at 8:07 AM

Quote - Most people probably wouldn't be eager to give up fuel injection and go back to sticky butterfly valves, carburetor cleaner, chokes, etc. The newer technology is more fuel efficient, more reliable and having had at least one freaky carburetor fire, maybe safer. OTOH, if your injectors get clogged ane leave you by the side of the road, you can't pull of a hose, siphon gas out of the tank and pour a bit in the carb to get going again. I can't put put a weight on the tonearm of a CRDOM if it's skipping or use duct tape and WD-40 to fix most stuff anymore. If my TV goes out, I can't go down to the drugstore and test and replace dead tubes. Even if anyone fixes TVs anymore, unless it's new and expensive, it probably makes sense to chuck it out and get a new one. Great grampa probably mourned the passing of the buggy whip the same way. 

So what you'r essentially saying is, it's okay to trash the entire thing when some small piece goes bad. The fuel injection goes out? Leave the car by the road and get another one. The speaker goes out on the wall-muonted TV? Hey, I was getting tired of that model anyway.

Do you have any idea how absurd that sounds? Seriously, bud. We're not talking buggy whips here. Yes, there have been some great things to come out of modern technology, but I would hardly put the DAZ installers or the (until recently) Rosity freestuff hoops in with them. Fuel injection makes my car run efficiently. What possible efficiency is there to an installer that cant even keep up with OS changes?

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider