Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 8 advertised!

raven opened this issue on Jun 25, 2009 · 1706 posts

Slowhands posted Thu, 27 August 2009 at 6:43 PM

Karthaeuserlady

What you showed is the Animation Controls, I'm talking about the Animation Palette. What I have found is if I pull charatures onto the Doc Window with a new scene, the Keyframe scroll bar of the Animation Palette shows up. But, I am making full length movies. I have charactures all set up. when two people talk back and forth to each other. I save the first animation, and just add from the last frame on, and delete all the other frames before, and slide down, and add  the next charactures conversation to the next sceen.

If from day to day I close Poser8 and the next day open the last animation to add to it. this is where the problem Lies.

In doing it this way, I have no setup time, and everything is matched up with no glitches or bad body movement parts between the 2 scenes. This is important if you are making a contenuation from the same camera angle. I know you can use the memory dots, or the pose library. Which I do, but as a backup. I find nothing works faster or better than my method I mentioned.

The Animation Scroll bar is important to me, because like to see what the keyframes are doing. I correct different Keyframes to make smoother animations as needed. I can scroll as you mentioned, but if making different body movements, if you don't make adjustments to the keyframes beforehand, you can't control the body movements that you know will overshoot the last keyframe. This is just the way I work, and I like to have very persice control over detail placement and movement. 

If you can open a previous animation that you have made and you see the Animation Palette's Scroll bar shows up. Then the problem has to do with my computer. I'm sure my computer is very different than 90% of the people that work with poser, This is why I am curious before I report it as a bug with my computer system, or something that is happening with other computers.

I didn't mean to get into such a lengthy description, but this is the way I work, and this problem has never happened with Poser Pro. Even on my new computer system.