Forum: Carrara

Subject: Carrara 6 & 7.2 broken in Snow Leopard (MacOS 10.6)

sigmadog opened this issue on Aug 29, 2009 · 16 posts

sigmadog posted Tue, 01 September 2009 at 11:59 AM

Mark;
Yes, you have to launch the app in order to generate the preferences file. I tried looking for it after installing and before I launched it, and it didn't exist. Once I launched Carrara 7, a preferences file was created.

Here is a portion of my Preferences.txt file that Carrara 7 generated. The section you posted from Eric Winemiller began with the "imag" declaration, but mine does not have that. So I begin with the "unts" declaration, which appears second in Winemillers file. Note the utter disparity between the items in both lists.

unts {
   3dun 1
   tmun 0
   }
  3Dvw {
   }
  modm {
   }
  srnm {
   }
  mpmp {
   }
  prop {
   }
  btqm {
   DOwP 1
   }
  ScPr {
   }
  hier {
   }
  shmn {
   splt 1
   shdo 1
   filt 1
   }
  shdm {
   }
  mdlr {
   Resz 1
   Valu 0.5
   Line 1
   Show 1
   Snap 0
   }
  Stry {
   }
  vmdr {
   Tole 0
   }
  }
 MxDc 3,3Dvw,modm,Stry
 CMpf {
   ICCp bCMM
  }
 Modu {
  btqm {
xdat {
Stte 0
 }
isEx 1
   }
  }

After this text, it goes into the "Brow" declarations "Shad", and the rest. There is no "ffmt", no "intf", no "oglP" and no "cofl" declarations - none at all - within the entire file. It is quite perplexing.

I put in a support ticket at DAZ on Saturday. Their autoresponse email indicated they would get back to me within 2 business days. So I'm hoping to hear from them today.

I'm beginning to regret my purchase of Carrara 7, but all will be forgiven if I can get this sucker running.