Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Making a nude model in Daz

Supasnipe opened this issue on Aug 16, 2009 ยท 15 posts

Trevor666 posted Wed, 02 September 2009 at 7:13 AM

You're going to have to start small, and build things up slowly as you learn what's needed. You need to find the 'timeline' tab, at least that's what it's called in DS 1.5. Load a character into the scene with as little extra stuff added as possible. So no background, clothes, props, et c. Find some animation pose files, try the ones from www.combat-bunny.com, I had a look today and the ones I used are still there. Apply one to your figure, and the timeline fills up with stuff. You can run the animation from the timeline, it runs in realtime so may 'skip' a few frames to get by, but it should give you an idea of how it will look. It won't necessarily look right on your chosen figure, arms passing through each other et c, so you will have to step through the frames using the timeline controls, and edit the pose at maybe half second intervals. Each time you alter a frame, you have to set it as a 'key frame' using the appropriate button on the timeline. When you're happy-ish with the result, SAVE!!!, then render. For a first attempt, I would set render quality to 'open GL', it's MUCH faster than a software render. Open the render settings, choose to render to file, as an animation not a still image, and as an AVI. Set the image size to something small, say 150 X 150 pixels. When the render finally completes, you get a 'save as' dialog box, I would save as AVI without compression, it saves having compatability problems with your media player. You could also choose to save as a series of still images, set the frame rate to, say, four frames per second, then convert the frames to a GIF animation. And that's about it, I'm still learning how to animate with DAZ, so can't help much more than that. I'm also using DS 1.5, so you'll probably have more advanced features than I have access to on my windows 98 PC!