Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What's that about Alyson?

DCArt opened this issue on Aug 20, 2009 · 139 posts

MikeJ posted Thu, 03 September 2009 at 12:50 AM

A couple of things I've noticed about Alyson...

I had the chance earlier today to observe the mesh in a modeling program, and there are (at least) 15 points in the mesh that are not welded.
Oddly, they are all in her butt region.
Not to get into details here, but someone seems to have had an interest in making sure certain orifices can be easily opened by those with the modeling tools to do so....
It kinda surprises me that while they were at it they didn't make it so for certain other areas in that region, but to each his own, I guess. ;-)

On a similar note, I also had a chance to mess with Poser 8 today, on a very capable  and high-powered computer. And I should know, since I built it. ;-)
For now, I will not mention what I thought of it, but I will say it seems to be working fine on that machine, and it's nice to see Smith Micro has brought raytracing render speeds up to the standards to compete with the quality and speed of other apps.... five years ago...

My only real complaint about Alyson though is that it seems kinda silly that the arms were mapped vertically, where it would have been easier on developers to map them horizontally, IMO.