Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What's that about Alyson?

DCArt opened this issue on Aug 20, 2009 · 139 posts

Talisman posted Thu, 03 September 2009 at 8:39 AM

Many thanks to all of you who have such positive energy about making this model useful and attractive.

Thanks, 3Dream, for the suggestion about the 'body smoothing' morph.  I tried it and was very pleased with the results.

I see that we have discovered many eccentricities about Alyson, particularly concerning the length of her arms, but I discovered last night, tinkering with her, that the 'shortness' issue is apparently an optical illusion.

When you compare her 'zeroed' figure to other, more acceptable 3D models, her armspan is about right.  What is not apparent is that her abdomen is too long, vertically.

I did the following:

1)  increased her whole body scale to 109%; and
2)  decreased her abdomen 'y-scale' to 75%.

Now her arms appear to be relatively correct in length, and her overall stature is about right compared, say, to standard P6 Jessi.  I try to align Alyson's crotch and breasts to the model I like by adjusting Alyson's abdomen length.

The stock poses seem to apply correctly, and I see no apparent distortions using these settings.

I'm working on an IL render of her, and I will try to post the results this evening.

In my opinion, she looks really cute now.