Forum: Carrara

Subject: C3DE Issue 02 released!

Danas_Anis opened this issue on Sep 02, 2009 · 45 posts

Danas_Anis posted Thu, 03 September 2009 at 10:16 AM

Quote - Also a question about your submission rules:

Quote - * Can't include DAZ3D content figures unless they are modified 80%

-- What does this mean? Most content needs adjusting pretty much all shaders (changing bump levels, highlight levels, color tints, adding SSS/translucency/reflections/refraction/etc.). Is that sufficient to qualify? Or what exactly does this mean?

How many % of change is each of the following?:
-- If I adjust the shaders.
-- If I apply Carrara geometry smoothing?
-- If Carrara's procedural shaders or hair? What if they aren't created by me, but only edited by me?

P.S About Adobe Reader Bug: I really don't know. I actually use Acrobat, which theoretically should be better than Reader. But as I understand, I'm not the only one with the issue.

But given that I can't access the group either: your latest link tells me that there are "No results found." , I think I should really check myself for being cursed :).

oh dear, would you mind then joining Carrara World? it is a very good place where you can upload your art and find some really usefull things.  and the latest shader pack link must work, it must work.

As about 80% criteria. Smoothing doesn't add any value unless you use displacement paint to deform the figure. Shaders, it depends on the quality of the result. Bascially we try to avoid DAZ3D gallery look.

We want to encourage people to not only drag and drop generation 4 or 3 or any other figure like V4, drag and drop shaders, and render using highest rendering settings wiht HDRI, GI.
Basically we can say this: don't drag and drop V4 and load texture, make V4 live and look like she isn't V4, or M4 isn't M4, avoid preset poses break the standard of DAZ3D current galeries. Now in DAZ3D galeries we see V4 and M4, C3DE want to see somene else, so people would believe that person in the picture is someone (thsi doesn'tr mean phot real of course).  

however if V4 or M4 or other figure isn't main object in the image, you can break the 80% criteria. For example look at Thomas Mac Callum images in the issue 02, he makes a very good combination of conent and his made objects.  If you have opportunity, look at the CG Chosen magazine themed Character creation, there are many good examples how people create their actors from modeling from a scratch to building on reference models liek the ones MakeHuman offer.

So if for example you have incredible pose with amazing shaders that makes you say wow you may not even have to do sometinhg for V4, M4 or other model mesh.

We want to encourage poeple to not be dependant on presets but use presets in alchemy wiht their hand made stuff and dare go beyond assembling content, but using it to assist and cokmplement their art,  ;)

C3DE hope to bring Carrara artists (new comers or not)  to next dimesnion, for example Carlos Ortega, Stu,